Bondage & public reactions

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
sjqlzbyu
Unfettered Newbie

RE: Bondage & public reactions

Unread post by sjqlzbyu »

Just wondering, how have strangers reacted in the past when they've seen you in public in bondage or with bondage apparel of some sort?I have a massive fetish for handcuffs and the idea of being seen/found cuffed in a public place appeals to me a lot, however I wouldn't won't said stranger to go and call the cops. I've been in cuffs plenty of time in spots with no one around, however then there is none of the thrill of being found.How do people generally react?

restrainedsybarite
Chair Bound

Unread post by restrainedsybarite »

Well sjqlzbyu (how's anybody supposed to pronounce that?) I can't talk from vast experience as I've only had a couple of opportunities to indulge in being properly locked in public.  And by "properly" I mean having someone else in control of when the situation ends, who's holding the key(s).  I realize other people may do this kind of thing to themselves, but for me there's no point/fun in that.  The experiences I've had were all in Indianapolis, IN.  It's a fairly big city with around 800,000 people these days.  It's been my experience that the bigger the city, the more tolerant/jaded the people are.At the time I had on a very obvious leather collar, with an equally obvious brass padlock holding it locked around my neck.  Occasionally I was also clipped to a chain lead held by She Who Puts Up With Me.  The two very _best_ reactions we got were 1) walking into a resturaunt (without the lead clipped on) being sat at our table and having the waitress ask where the leash was.  She Who Puts Up With Me very frankly told the waitress it was in her pocket (which it was).  The waitress laughed and gave her a "You go girl!".  I was also informed by SWPUWM that the table of business ladies behind us who were apparently out for lunch was giving us both the very best looks that were a mix of jealousy and confusion. 2) SWPUWM and I went to an art museum so she could do research for a college paper.  We decided to take a walk out on the grounds and she clipped the lead to my collar.  The both of us were also carrying enough camera equipment to make us look like professionals even though neither of us yet is (she's working on it).  A lady with a stroller came walking by, and as soon as she saw us she absolutely averted her gaze as though she could catch the plague just by looking at us.  It was absolutely hilarious!  You could almost hear her thinking 'don'tlookatthefreaks don'tlookatthefreaks don'tlookatthefreaks'.  Oh, I should probably also mention that both times I was also dressed in rather fashionable leather jeans and jacket.What stunned me most though about being walked around with a collar on and sometimes leashed, was the definate _lack_ of reaction from most people.  Oh, most people noticed, you could tell by their look when they did, but almost no one said anything about it.  A young woman complimented my "hat", but I'm quite sure that's not what she was going for.  There was also a time or two when I was "stealth" collared.  By that I mean I was wearing a low key stainless steel number.  It's a 1 inch high, 1/4 inch thick, plain circular steel band that wraps (seemingly) seamlessly around my neck, held in place by a tiny screw that can only be accessed through an equally tiny hole on the underside.  I suppose if you don't know what it is, you could mistake it for some kind of jewelry.  On those occasions when I was wearing it, I didn't even notice anyone noticing it.Now, the reasons I've only had a few opportunities like this are kind of complicated.  First, as I said, to do it "properly" for me requires SWPUWM, and she lives in Indianapolis.  I live in Northeast North Carolina.  So, there's limited time we get to spend with eachother until I finally get my ass moved out to Indianapolis.  Now, to repeat myself : I live in Northeast North Carolina.  Even if I was inclined to such things on my own, or to have SWPUWM tell me to do such things from a distance (which still isn't even close to the same); this is NOT the environment to indulge in such activities.  I live in a town that moved the celebration of Halloween off of Sunday because they said it wasn't right to celebrate "Satan's Holiday" on Sunday; this after the local newspaper printed an article going over the history of the holiday and how it started out as a Christian holiday in the first place.  I was actually surprised at the neutrality and accuracy in the article.  I live in a town where dropping an N-bomb in public is not frowned upon.  I live in a town where the first thing they ask when you move in is "What church do you go to?".  I live in a state whose constitution still says atheists cannot hold any public office or trust.  I live in a town where if you do something people disapprove of, they don't just take it out on you; they shun your entire family.  So, to put it shortly : if I did something like that around here, I and my entire family would probably lose all our business and be run out of the state after crosses got burned in our front yards and the local police said "Well shucks, we just don't have any idea who could do such a thing."Sorry, rant off.What I'm saying is your mileage may vary in your experience; and you really need to be aware of what kind of people you're dealing with if you indulge in such things.  If nothing else, I'd say don't do it anywhere anybody knows you.  Also, if you can manage it, go to a resturaunt and have your SO handcuff you there and make you eat your meal bound like that.  I'm pretty sure it'd be a blast.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

you also have to think about the fact that you are making everyone that sees you a participentant in your fanticy.and most are doing it with out consent. you very well could be asked to leave a restaurant,mall ,etc.dont get me wrong i would love to do it too,but like restrainedsybarite i live in a area that wouldnt accept it very well.tiemeupalso2010-01-06 13:23:43

RAE
Strict Strappado

Unread post by RAE »

There is a Renasonce Fair each year near my house. A lot of people dressed up likemerry old England. Now it is common to see ladies (damsel's in deressed) walkingarround in hand cuffs lesd by someone. Rearlly a man walking arround in a headand wrist stock.Now for the real thing, go to San-Fransciso, They have a fair where just aboutevery one is walking arround in some type of bondage. Hoods, Armbinders, cuffs,leg irons etc. If you go the Gromet's Plaza on top, and click on Serious Bondage,You will see what I mean.    Rae  

sjqlzbyu
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by sjqlzbyu »

[quote="restrainedsybarite"]Well sjqlzbyu (how's anybody supposed to pronounce that?)[/quote]LOL, yes it is just a random assortment of letters.Thanks for the responses. Living in Oz I can't imagine responses quite like you might find in some areas of the US. I definitely agree with no-one you know seeing you - has this happened to anyone here?

slb1946
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by slb1946 »

This brings up a thought I had (It's rare, but it does happen!).  My thesis is that it is easier for a woman/girl to "public" in bondage than for a man.  Do you agree?  Why?

Like Ra
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Like Ra »

Always! Women have more freedom in their clothes, in their behaviour, in their emotions. Within the limits, of course ;-D

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

[quote="slb1946"]This brings up a thought I had (It's rare, but it does happen!).  My thesis is that it is easier for a woman/girl to "public" in bondage than for a man.  Do you agree?  Why? [/quote] for the same reason a mini skirt is considered sexy and mens speedos are not(as far as society goes)its men that make the laws,and they(well most) like looking at women and dont want to see other men.,but lets face it,in my opinion women are more pleasing to look at than men.

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by MsBehavin »

[quote="tiemeupalso"] but lets face it,in my opinion women are more pleasing to look at than men.[/quote] ...and in mine the reverse is true   Edit:Men making the laws... hmmmm... maybe I should consider a career in politics.MsBehavin2010-01-08 13:46:18

knotseraph
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by knotseraph »

For women, "bondage"-themed items are becoming more mainstream. Some people may consider a tight corset to be a bondage item (or even a piece of underwear) but it has become a legit top for wearing in public. Collars are a fashion accessory and perhaps a tip of the hat to the BDSM community to show the wearer is "edgy" or "hardcore" or "interesting". Some clothing has D-rings and hanging chains. Unfortunately some of this is becomings shock value clothing. The good side is we have more freedom to be kinky in public (and have access to more cheap clothing items that are quasi-kinky - me and the GF at one point were looking for collars at Spencers in the mall). Now, "real" BDSM is gonna be noticed. If the collar you wear is clearly strongly constructed and larger than some fashion-y...then you can tell it is something else.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

MsBehavin,thats what we need,more openly kinky people in politics,instead of these closet freeks.

ringged36
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by ringged36 »

Here it is sort off common prank to cuff  a potential groom (partly dressed to a street signpost, or lamp pole, as part of the bachelors before the wedding.  So mostly one gets away with self bondage as others think its again a pre-wedding prank

knotseraph
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by knotseraph »

[quote="ringged36"] Here it is sort off common prank to cuff  a potential groom (partly dressed to a street signpost, or lamp pole, as part of the bachelors before the wedding.  So mostly one gets away with self bondage as others think its again a pre-wedding prank[/quote]

That reminds me of a half-baked idea I once came up with. So, I have a friend (actually an ex of mine) who is engaged and the two of them have a kinky bondage relationship (both switches more into sub) and are pretty in the open about it with friends. I was joking with them that the wedding party, as a sort of second "bachelor/bachelorette" party, should kidnap the two of them bondage style and eventually bring them together to the same place still kidnapped/bondaged and you know, let them kiss or enjoy each other's company and such. Not sure if it would be the groomsmen kidnapping the bride and the bridesmaids kidnapping the groom or the other way around but the idea did cross my mind...

...probably not gonna happen...but it is a good idea...maybe someone else can use the idea?

shiny_lover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by shiny_lover »

[quote="knotseraph"]...probably not gonna happen...but it is a good idea...maybe someone else can use the idea?[/quote]That is a cool idea.  Sounds like it is time to find out who they like to sub to!

MissKitty
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by MissKitty »

[quote="slb1946"]This brings up a thought I had (It's rare, but it does happen!).  My thesis is that it is easier for a woman/girl to "public" in bondage than for a man.  Do you agree?  Why?[/quote]i agree completely, although it does depend where you are. i frequently used to walk around liverpool on a saturday when i was younger with handcuffs attached to my skirt, and handcuff friends to lampposts/railings etc when we were sitting near by. but there is a large "alternative" population of kids/teenagers in liverpool (or atleast there was then) so nobody really looked twice. i also handcuffed my male friend to a railing at download festival in 2007, although all these times where more jokey than anything else...

Disturb3d
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Disturb3d »

Hello, Well i live in australia and i dont know what people would say if they found me in bondage haha, Like theres some weirdos out there so for me i probably wouldnt wanna be found public without someone i know close by...Also in AUS you never hear much about bondage so most people wouldent really know what to do. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!