Is it risky buying latex vacbed from ebay?

Pass the talc powder please!
kenny1999
Chair Bound

Is it risky buying latex vacbed from ebay?

Unread post by kenny1999 »

I need a quality latex vacbed for the summer vacation. It looks like there are not many choices for latex vacbed. Lots of vendors don't even sell latex vacbed. First I never trust Chinese latex so I neglect all Chinese sellers on ebay. My eyes are now at an ebay seller which claims to handmade their latex in the UK. The price is only GBP 130. Shipping is not included. I once know a website located in the UK imports their Chastity Belt and resells at high price from a poor quality Chinese factory

Can most ebay sellers be trusted or not trusted? Any comments? Please help!

Closed_doors
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Is it risky buying latex vacbed from ebay?

Unread post by Closed_doors »

Read the sellers feedback on e-bay. A seller can not control whats said and also, look for someone with many many previous sales and all good positive feedback. 98% or higher is my minimum. If they have no prior history or even just a few transactions or if the feedback section reveals a few adverse comments, avoid them like the plague.

Good luck.

Mike
It has been said, 'Life is too Short!' but I cannot think of anything you can do longer. Anon
"Its not the man in your life but the life in your man." Mae West

Nil Illigitmus carborundum.

Mike and Carmen

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

What Closed_doors said about eBay feedback is pretty much "spot on" -- however....

If a seller has tens of thousands of feedback because they sell a LOT of stuff -- and you'll probably seldom see this if they're mostly selling kinky or BDSM items -- they'll probably also have a large amount of negative feedback as well!

Why? Because a lot of people are idiots, and on the internet where people are anonymous, people often ACT like idiots -- and you can see this same "negative review" nonsense all over amazon.com as well.

If you actually READ the negative comments, you'll often see that they're from people who really don't understand how the feedback system is SUPPOSED to work! I've seen negative feedback for reasons such as "husband didn't like gift," "couldn't figure out how to set up the [electronic device]," "didn't like the color" and so on. (Those are all valid reasons to RETURN the item for a refund, but they're NOT reasons to blame the seller.)

Now, if that last one had been "ordered blue widget, seller sent me a red one" instead, that MIGHT be a valid reason to provide negative feedback, unless the description said "assorted colors, no choice" meaning that the seller just picks a random colored item and puts it in the box to be mailed. "Widget appeared to be a darker blue in picture" might be a reason to return it, but again, not really a reason to give the seller negative feedback.

One of my personal favorites when a seller sells a thousand items a month is "post office lost item, seller sent replacement." It doesn't happen often, but when it does, they should blame the post office and thank the seller instead!

tl;dr: Don't be immediately scared off if a seller does have some negative feedback -- dig deeper and see if it's LEGITIMATE bad feedback or not. :)

Closed_doors
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Closed_doors »

Closed_doors wrote:Read the sellers feedback on e-bay.

Hmm, I did actually say 'read'. <grin> I was trusting this buyer would know the difference between a legit reason to post bad reviews and someone having a whinge because they didn't choose wisely, Steph.

Good luck.

Mike
It has been said, 'Life is too Short!' but I cannot think of anything you can do longer. Anon
"Its not the man in your life but the life in your man." Mae West

Nil Illigitmus carborundum.

Mike and Carmen

The Half Heard
Chair Bound

Unread post by The Half Heard »

Don't know if you've already bought one or not, but I got my vac bed from UltimateSlut in the UK.

Well worth it. Has been very good quality!

tonyleeds
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by tonyleeds »

I have never used a proper latex vacuum bed. I did make one myself once using a giant polythene survival bag. The only down side of it was that it left thin bruise lines down the sides of my body, arms and legs after using it. Do latex vacuum beds do this too?

The Half Heard
Chair Bound

Unread post by The Half Heard »

Yeah I've had little bruise lines down my body where the latex pulls in tight.

Worth it though!

Kinky satin
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Kinky satin »

If anyone here has a vac bed and in the UK, will do anything to have a go and I mean anything
Love women's satin nightwear, pvc, latex, breath play and body inflation (violet from Willy wonks style)