My Novel

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Re: My Novel

Unread post by boundBinder »

Amazon offers physical copies. I could get one of mine for about twenty bucks, if I were so inclined.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

I see. Well I suppose it comes down to just preference then I guess. :)

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

If your dream is to publish it in physical form then perhaps you should follow that path. In the end that is your dream. But you have to keep in mind that it's going to cost money (well, I think you already know that)

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

After much research, and the associated brain melting, I actually - last night - sent out my very first query letter to a publishing agent. Now of course one is never going to do it, the odds of being accepted are to low to not spread out letters to a bunch of agents. But it's a start.

Sadly though, the issue of splitting the book into multiples has come up yet again. And this time coming not from just a google search but the words of an agent in direct email to me. So... damn. I know it's something that I can do, and that I have to do by myself so the question becomes largely rhetorical. But how the hell do you split a book into parts after it's already been written as a single one?

In some way the biggest issue I'm facing right now is just talking it over with someone. My wife doesn't really know writing to a level required for her to feel comfortable helping and it's left me staring at it by myself.

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Natyropes »

Well, you know what you have to do, now you just have to know how to do it. So the sooner you get started the better. ;)