Story Post

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
anonymouse
Unfettered Newbie

Story Post

Unread post by anonymouse »

This is mainly just for the mods at this point, since this is a new account (and yes, I read the intro post re mod post approvals for new accounts)...

I've been lurking for a while, on this and other forums, and I'm writing a story for fun. I intended to post it to the stories board, but I didn't want to post it out of the blue, hence this intro post.

Also, a question since it's long (and incomplete at this point): what's the preferred method of posting something long, with multiple sections/chapters? One long post, multiple posts in one thread, multiple threads for each part, etc? I'd like to follow proper etiquette if possible.

Also also, I know I have no particular intro post or bio info; I'm very sensitive about keeping my interests private. If this is a deal-breaker for posting content, let me know, and I'll go back to just lurking. Thanks.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: Story Post

Unread post by Petrajane »

anonymouse wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 06:28 I intended to post it to the stories board, but I didn't want to post it out of the blue, hence this intro post.
No problem.
anonymouse wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 06:28 Also, a question since it's long (and incomplete at this point): what's the preferred method of posting something long, with multiple sections/chapters? One long post, multiple posts in one thread, multiple threads for each part, etc? I'd like to follow proper etiquette if possible.
I personally would advise that a single story is posted in one thread, multiple posts in that thread. A) because a really long post may fall could of the character limit that so many forums have. B) It's also easier to read when split up over multiple chapters/posts. C) In a single thread, it's all together so people can find all the parts so if they like the storyline, they don't have to struggle to find the rest of it. The only downside is when people comment on the story, it does split the story a little.
anonymouse wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 06:28 Also also, I know I have no particular intro post or bio info; I'm very sensitive about keeping my interests private. If this is a deal-breaker for posting content, let me know, and I'll go back to just lurking. Thanks.
No problem, share what personal info you are comfortable with making public.