Closing the books...

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

RE: Closing the books...

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

For those of you who follow my stories online, you may have noticed that, over the past year or so, my output has slowly been decreasing, and I no longer post as many stories as I once did.  There's a reason for that, in that my personal and professional obligations are starting to eat up more and more of my time, and as a result, I simply do not have the time, or the drive, to write erotic stories any more.Because of that, I have decided that the time has come to finish up my erotic story writing career.  I can just sense that to continue trying to force stories out where there's no longer the drive or the will to do so will only result in substandard work that doesn't reflect the quality I want to have in my works.  It's similar to Bill Watterson, and other comic artists who decide to end their strips before the drive and creativity die out, preferring to go out on a high note.I must stress that this is not a decision I am taking lightly.  I've spent a long time coming to this decision, and it's not an easy one.  I've been writing erotic stories for almost 7 years now, and have written 77 stories (though that's less if you don't count part 2's and whatnot).  Some I'm proud of, and others...well, let's just say that I've learned a lot since the early days...I've learned so much about the art of writing by doing these stories, and I'm so grateful that I've gotten the chance to do them.  But eventually, there comes a time when every author needs to take a bow, and retire, allowing new authors to come in and start their own writing journeys, and the time has come for me to do the same.With that in mind, I am now gearing up for my final magnum opus.  Because I intend for this to be my final erotic story, I'm aiming for it to be a grand finale, so to speak.  It will be my largest story to date, and have the most mummification I've ever written into any story, with a truly enormous cast of characters.  And because all of you have been reading my works for so long, I want to give you all the chance to be in my final story.  While there are a few of you who I want to include by default (I will be contacting you via PM by Sunday at the latest), for everyone else, for one month, I will open two slots for characters to be in the story.  The rules are simple:  If you would like a chance to be in the story, you can submit either yourself (via either your real name, or your screen name here on the forum), or one of your characters for the slots.  Please include:  *Name*Age*Gender*A short character description/personality.  What do they do for a living?  What are their hobbies?  What turns them on?  Etc.On March 1rst, I will go through the entries and pick the two that I feel would fit best into the story.  Afterwords, I will announce the two, and begin work on the story.Until work begins on this final story, I will be finishing up a few short stories I've been working on that are close to completion, so you will see a few short projects from me before the finale (knowing that you're nearing the end always gives you a boost to finish up everything else).  Expect to see a burial, rubber, mummy, and one last Drider story within the next month or so.  And if you're wondering, I'm not dying of a terminal disease, or anything of the sort, nor will I stop coming to the site or the forum.  I will just no longer be writing stories (though even that may one day change...I obviously don't know where I'll be in a decade or so).And so, with that, I hearby open up the slots for anyone who wants to apply for them.Darkraptor12011-02-08 19:18:40

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by MsBehavin »

Sorry to hear you are giving up writing (although a lifetime is a long time to say never again). Your stories have shown great imagination, I'll miss reading them. Trish 

Crowley
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Crowley »

Even though mummification isn't really my thing, I've enjoyed your stories. They're well written and creative, what more can you ask for. I'd never criticise someone for posting a story with bad grammar, major plot inconsistencies, poor formatting or atrocious speeling, at the end of the day they've created something and shared it for free so all credit to them. But for me it ruins the flow of a story and is just too distracting. It makes you appreciate it all the more when you see it done right  Thanks for sharing.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

I will miss that rare combination of a highly creative imagination and excellent writing!
But never say never~ who can foresee what the future holds.

indian
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by indian »

Hi, First of all thank you for your work. I don't think I have read all your stories yet.Second, I would like to apply for my wife (and bondage partner) to be added in your story:*Name: Geeta*Age: 38*Gender: Female*A short character description/personality: she is from India. Hobbies: cooking curries, fitness (she visits the gym 4 days a week) and Indian soaps on television She loves jewellery, and high heeled boots (when dressed in western fashion). Sexully she gets turned on by a ball gag in her mouth, and being blindfolded.

Dianag
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Dianag »

Never say never. It's right to stop if you cannot write for any reason, or the enjoyment isn't there, but the time may come when you have the "urge" and inspiration to write some more.
Enjoy life as it comes and we'll try not to hold our collective breath waiting "just in case....."

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Okay, one month period is over, so now the writing will commence.As to the possibility of future stories, I won't say that it's completely out of the question, as things can change, and I may write stuff for super-special occasions (such as events in real life, that may take place early next year), but normal fiction writing isn't going to happen for the indefinite future.

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

The first part of the story has been posted here.

filador50
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by filador50 »

Thank you Darkraptor for all your effort over the years.  You have matured into a competent and prolific fetish writer.  I know exactly the sentiments you presently feel and wish you the best  .   Fil.

Kira699
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Kira699 »

Sad to hear of your retirement from writing Darkraptor. Unfortunately when the muse departs one must either try and find the muse once more or take a sabbatical. Hope your muse returns.

AnimeBoyy
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Closing the books...

Unread post by AnimeBoyy »

I hope you change your mind soon