Math Test

Post your story here to be critiqued and praised.
Amordaza
Chair Bound

Math Test

Unread post by Amordaza »

Below is another story I've written. I hope you enjoy it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people think that publishing a journal paper in the most prestigious journal of mathematics would be an exhilarating experience. Well, okay, most people would find it boring, but they’re wrong. It is the most exhilarating thing.
The problem is the next few weeks afterwards: complete and utter boredom. Without a problem to work on, I’m bored. Mind-numbingly bored.

James opened my bedroom door.

“What do you want?” I asked, irritated.

“I have something for you.”

“Whatever it is, I don’t need it,” I replied.

“It’s a problem I need you to solve.”

“Solve it yourself, honey. Can’t you see I’m busy with...” I looked at the TV screen, “...whatever this game show is about.”

“It’s a math problem for you.”

My ears perked up.

“Math problem?”

“Of a sort.”

“I’m getting a doctorate in mathematics, not accounting. If you need me to balance your checkbook again, I’m not doing it.” James is also a doctoral student in mathematics, but he works on graph theory: that’s mathematician speak meaning that he’s bad with numbers.

“It’s not my checkbook.”

“Well, then? What is it?”

“You need to come see it.”

“Not interested unless it’s a challenge.

“I think you’ll find it challenging.”

I turned away from the TV to look at James.

“Follow me.”

James led me down the two flights of stairs to our entertainment room in the basement. It’s a finished basement with boring white carpet, a projector mounted on a boring white ceiling, and a smooth boring white wall on to which the projector projects slightly less boring movies or shows that our computer wants, um, projected. Sometimes we use it to watch TV or movies; other times we use it to display Powerpoint slides when practicing conference presentations.
The room was set up a little differently that day. In the middle of the room was a wooden chair. Leather straps protruded from its slats, and some of my old scarves were laid across the old sofa which sits next to the chair. A D-ring had been screwed into the chair’s seat. Next to the chair on the floor were leather cuffs, several coils of chain, and a pile of padlocks.

“What’s this?”

“Your challenge.”

“I thought it was a math problem.”

“It’s several math problems.”

“Maybe if you tied me up with rope, it would count as knot theory. This is just kinky.”

James picked up a lock to show it to me.

“This is a configurable lock. I’ve set the combination of each of these locks myself and written them down on a sheet of paper upstairs. Each lock has a number taped to it.”

“Okay. Still not math.”

James motioned towards the wall and smiled. “I’ve created a set of math problems; the solution to each one is the combination of its corresponding lock. The computer will project the problems on the wall.”

“Okay, and...”

“You, the math student, are chained to the chair with these locks. You solve a problem: you get to unlock a lock.”

“So, this is Erdős meets Houdini, eh?”

“More like Ayrton meets Dietrich, but yes, you could say that.”

I looked at the chair pensively.

“How long will this take?”

“Depends on how long it takes you to solve the problems and unlock the locks. You could be stuck in the chair infinitely.”

Infinitely? Are we talking the number of integers infinite or the number of real numbers infinite?

I paused again, looking at the chair, thinking of what it would feel like to be chained up.

“Okay. Let’s do this.”

“First things first. Take off your clothes.”

“What?”

“Take off your clothes.”

“Why?”

“For this to work, it’s important that you not have any tools on you which could aid your escape. You should only be able to escape by solving the math problems.”

“You don’t trust me, James?”

James stared at me.

“Fine,” I said, removing my shirt.

Next, I undid my belt and removed my jeans. After that, I took off my socks.

“There. This good?”

“All your clothes, Christine.”

I sighed. I reached around my back and unhooked my bra, throwing it into the pile of clothes. I then slid my pink panties down my legs and added them, too.

“Good?”

“Good. Now, place your hands on your head and your feet shoulder width apart so that I can inspect you.”

I grunted as I waited for James to “inspect” me. He first rummaged around my hair to see if I had a hairpin or other item hidden up there. Satisfied that I didn’t, he slid his hands down underneath and in-between my breasts to see if I had something there. Again satisfied, he slid down to my private area and lightly touched my pubic hairs. He then briefly moved his fingers around my pussy and anus, but seemed satisfied without too much probing.

With such little probing, I was admittedly unsatisfied.

“You have nothing to use to pick the locks. Good. Now, come sit in the chair.”

I quietly moved to the chair and sat in it. Once I had done so, James secured each of my wrists into leather cuffs. Each buckle to the cuffs had a small place for a padlock, and James wasted no time placing the first two locks in them. He then did the same for my ankles.

“Scoot your back so that it’s against the back of the chair.”

I did as James told me, and he threaded the chairs’s lower leather strap underneath my breasts and pulled it tight. He secured it with a padlock. He pulled a second strap around the top of my breasts and secured it similarly. A final strap and padlock secured my waist to the back of the chair.

James next picked up a leather collar. I felt the leather slide around the sensitive skin of my neck as he secured it in place. He used one padlock to lock the collar’s buckle shut and another to lock the collar to the back of the chair using a short chain. He placed one finger between my neck and the collar to ensure that it was inescapably snug but not too tight.

“How you doing?”

“Alright,” I replied, squirming around a little. “Don’t think I’ll be able to move much. I suppose you’re going to restrain my hands and legs proper now?”

James gave me a wicked smile. He took my hands and placed them in my lap. Using two padlocks, he chained my leather cuffs to the D-ring in the seat of the chair. I had to stretch my arms just to allow everything to reach. I thought he was finished, but he then secured a second padlock through the chain and D-ring, ensuring that I would have to unlock both locks to free my hands.

With my hands secure, James padlocked a chain to each of my ankle cuffs and pulled my feet back until they were an inch or two off the ground. Twisting to watch, I saw him lock the other end of these chains to the back of the chair. In that position, I knew I wouldn’t be able to move the chair. I’d need to escape in place.

“How’s that?”

“Well, I can’t really move, so that’s good. But I only need to open eight locks to get out of the chair and another four if I want the cuffs off. Is eight math problems really enough to imprison a doctoral candidate in mathematics?”

James smirked.

“Let’s make it hard, then.”

James first added one more padlock to my collar and to my ankles cuffs. He then took a chain and begin wrapping it tightly around my body to further pin it to the chair. He even ran it under my legs and back around my torso. He secured the chain in place every so often with a padlock. I counted five new locks from that.

“Okay, Christine. That brings the total up to fifteen locks minimum to escape.”

“Sixteen locks,” I corrected him. James really wasn’t good with numbers.

“Even better. But let’s add some physicality to it.”

I watched as James took a pair of thumb cuffs and secured them to my thumbs. I moved around a bit. My other fingers were fine, but using my thumbs would be difficult.

“I think you’ll still be able to move the combinations on the locks, but it’ll take a little more time.”

“Why would time be an issue?”

“I forgot to mention that every escape has a predicament. This one is no exception.”

My heart suddenly jumped, and my nipples hardened.

“James, what does that mean?”

James smiled an evil grin.

“James, what does that mean? What are you gonna do to me?”

I kept asking, but James said nothing. He moved behind me and pulled a knotted scarf into my mouth. I felt him pull the ends tight around my cheeks, and the knot pushed into the back of my skull. He then took some microfoam tape and wrapped it around my head three times. It stuck to my lips, and I couldn’t even open my mouth.

“Ssssh,” James said. “No talking during the exam.”

James returned to my front and held up a pair of nipple clamps. My eyes grew big and my nipples grew hard knowing that I was helpless to prevent their application.

The gag silenced my cries of pain when he tightened the first clamp to my left nipple. I tried to be quiet for the second nipple and was somewhat successful. I tried to reach the clamps with my hands, but the cuffs and chains ensured that I couldn’t reach. Even if I could reach, I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to undo the clamps without getting the thumb cuffs off first.

Satisfied that I couldn’t get the clamps off, James ran a string from each nipple clamp up to a pulley in the ceiling and back down to a plastic bag. He then positioned a funnel above the bag; the funnel’s narrow end had been cut off. Within the funnel, he dumped a bag of ice.

“Now, Christine, here’s the challenge. As the ice melts, chunks of it will become small enough to fall through the lower end of the funnel and into the plastic bag that is pulling on your nipples. Each chunk will add more weight to your nipples. I put about a pound of ice in there; how much ice will be pulling on your nipples by the time you solve all the problems and escape?”

James turned on the projector, and I saw my first problem. I had been expecting simple arithmetic problems, but what I saw was:

Solve the integral of the formula x^2 +x + 1 dx for x = 5.

“Immigation?!”

“I believe the word you’re looking for is ‘Integration.’ I’m sure you can handle it, being a doctoral candidate in mathematics and all.”

I grimaced.

“And because you’re so good, I’ve also got linear algebra, differential equations, number theory, and some abstract algebra. At least, I think I included some abstract algebra. Maybe it’s technically topology?”

“Emme outta is ang!” I cried, pulling on my chains.

“I hope you have the trigonometry tables memorized, Christine. They’ll be helpful on some of the questions.”

“Ames, pees!”

“Now, now,” James replied, patting my head, “You’re a smart girl, so I made it challenging.”

“Ease em-me ou,” I whimpered.

“Well,” said James, looking at this watch, “I better let you get started. I’ll leave you alone now so that you can concentrate on your exam.”

I protested, but my gag muffled my pleas as James headed upstairs.

I felt the pain in my nipples, and I knew that it would only get worse as the water slowly dripped and the cubes, one at a time, would fall into the bag to add weight.

I looked at my chains. No way to pick the locks. No way to guess the combinations. No way to call for help. Solving the problems was the only way out.

Well, at least I’m no longer bored.

icy
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Math Test

Unread post by icy »

Nice little story. :D Well done, thanks for sharing it.

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Math Test

Unread post by JaniceNoyb »

Nice story! Thanks for posting it.