Playing with Fire

Post your story here to be critiqued and praised.
boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Re: Playing with Fire

Unread post by boundBinder »

Exquisite. I found myself growing genuinely attached to both characters, and fully invested in their story, over and above the obvious fetish interest. In fact, there were a couple of parts where I rushed through those references, just to get back to what I thought was "the meat" of your tale.

As far as critiques, which you asked for, I have only two:
1) Length. I wanted more. Not just the bondage stuff, either. I wanted more explanations of her powers, more close calls with her hunger, and more scenes of the two of them just....being. This is just a testament to how well you crafted the story, though. ;)
2) This critique is trivial, and not something anyone other than a grammar/spelling Nazi like myself would notice. You have a couple of word-choice mistakes, and a handful of spelling errors. These issues are meaningless, though.

I loved every word of this. Well done. Thank you for sharing it.

anonymouse
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Playing with Fire

Unread post by anonymouse »

Thank you for your kind words/sentiment, and your feedback.

Re length, this is always tough; I originally envisioned this as a short story, but it somewhat accidentally grew into a medium one. There's always a trade-off between "staying on topic" and meandering too much, and I tried to strike the right balance.

Re word choice, I agree; more proofreading would always help. I did what I could, but undoubtably I missed things.

I am glad you enjoyed it. :)