Losing the desire to get dressed

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Losing the desire to get dressed

Unread post by Natyropes »

Yes, I know this happens to everyone at some point. But this time I feel it's something different. I have time without getting dressed but I have not stopped doing it because I feel it is wrong (as in other opportunities). If I wanted to do it I could do it without problems but for some reason that I'm still analyzing I don't feel as much desire as before. Has this happened to anyone in the group? or is it happening to you now? :?:

restricted
Forever Mummified

Re: Losing the desire to get dressed

Unread post by restricted »

I have to stop soon as I'm getting old and think I wouldn't like my kids and friends to find out. But I love it sooo much. In fact after my accident, wearing a tight stretch skirt exercised my leg muscles back to life. I had a doctor once say to me that he recommends men wear skirts for several reasons. Low fertility, loss of libido, ED.

After I got depressed owing to a suicide I had on a train, I explained how I used to do hospital fund raising events and was given a dress. She told me to wear it and watch the sun rise. Even when my wiofe was bed ridden, the nurse said I should wear it as it would calm me down.

What you need is a girl to take you shopping. Make you change in the shop and get the assistant to help. Retail therapy and in these days of this virus they couldn't give a monkey. They just need your money.
I used to be weird and kinky. But then I joined Bound Forum and became normal.

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

I've been going through a similar thing this year; it is different to a normal pause in dressing, but so is everything else in the world at the moment.
There have been several times when I could have got fully dressed and made up and just didn't feel like it, and I finally realised that I've got a general feeling of "why bother with anything?"

Not quite sure what the answer is, except I'm trying to get myself through that feeling and concentrate on how it feels when I'm in a skirt, heels & everything. Still don't feel like doing makeup, although I should, because it's been way too long since I took any pictures.

No answers, just wanted you to know you're not alone in this

xx
Ang
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

restricted wrote:I have to stop soon as I'm getting old and think I wouldn't like my kids and friends to find out.
That has also crossed my mind. Maybe I feel to old for this. That is a possibility. :?
restricted wrote:What you need is a girl to take you shopping. Make you change in the shop and get the assistant to help. Retail therapy and in these days of this virus they couldn't give a monkey. They just need your money.
"Retail therapy", that is new for me. Maybe I should try it :D

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

angel_uk wrote:I've been going through a similar thing this year; it is different to a normal pause in dressing, but so is everything else in the world at the moment.
There have been several times when I could have got fully dressed and made up and just didn't feel like it, and I finally realised that I've got a general feeling of "why bother with anything?"

Not quite sure what the answer is, except I'm trying to get myself through that feeling and concentrate on how it feels when I'm in a skirt, heels & everything. Still don't feel like doing makeup, although I should, because it's been way too long since I took any pictures.

No answers, just wanted you to know you're not alone in this

xx
Ang
I understand you perfectly. Thank you for sharing what you feel. It helped me a lot to know that I am not alone in this. :)

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Natyropes wrote:If I wanted to do it I could do it without problems but for some reason that I'm still analyzing I don't feel as much desire as before. Has this happened to anyone in the group? or is it happening to you now? :?:
I only occasionally dress. Nothing very elaborate- slips, panties etc., but this can also apply to bondage. Maybe it's due to too many other things happening at the same time, I go through a phase where I lose interest in anything kinky. I do return to it though, with a feeling that's difficult to describe- it's like returning to an friend. :D

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Edit: my last line should read, "...with a feeling that's difficult to describe- it's like returning to an old friend."
(Didn't catch it soon enough & only allowed something like a 5 minute window for edit/corrections here) :-|

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Franzia wrote:
Natyropes wrote:If I wanted to do it I could do it without problems but for some reason that I'm still analyzing I don't feel as much desire as before. Has this happened to anyone in the group? or is it happening to you now? :?:
I only occasionally dress. Nothing very elaborate- slips, panties etc., but this can also apply to bondage. Maybe it's due to too many other things happening at the same time, I go through a phase where I lose interest in anything kinky. I do return to it though, with a feeling that's difficult to describe- it's like returning to an friend. :D
Yes, it's a curious feeling. It's as if the need to try something has been satisfied and now you need to move on to something else.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Sometimes it may be a 'been there, done that' sort of feeling and you may not return to it. Otherwise, it's like a satiation point has been reached, where you're fully satisfied for a time, but will return.

If we never reached that point some would literally spend all their time, if not their entire lives, dressed, bound and gagged! That might be a fine fantasy but it would have a just a few drawbacks regarding family, friends, jobs, etc. :D

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Franzia wrote:Sometimes it may be a 'been there, done that' sort of feeling and you may not return to it. Otherwise, it's like a satiation point has been reached, where you're fully satisfied for a time, but will return.

If we never reached that point some would literally spend all their time, if not their entire lives, dressed, bound and gagged! That might be a fine fantasy but it would have a just a few drawbacks regarding family, friends, jobs, etc. :D
...as you say, as a fantasy would be very good. :roll:

Karren
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Karren »

I lost the urge to dress for 10 years or more.... it came on slowly, so slow I really didn’t notice it. Turned out to me a medical problem. ThAt screwed up my hormones. When ingot it corrected.... crossdressing came back with a vengeance! Full blast! With it a year of coming back I was dressing for days at a time and going out in public. Really was out of control. I had over 30 wigs! So for you this may just be temporary.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Natyropes
Tightly Hogtied

Karren wrote:I lost the urge to dress for 10 years or more.... it came on slowly, so slow I really didn’t notice it. Turned out to me a medical problem. ThAt screwed up my hormones. When ingot it corrected.... crossdressing came back with a vengeance! Full blast! With it a year of coming back I was dressing for days at a time and going out in public. Really was out of control. I had over 30 wigs! So for you this may just be temporary.
I'm sure I will crossdress again. I've been through this before. However, now the feeling is different. I'm still doing it but without any urgency. Something like "if I can't do it today, I'll try again next month" ;)

Karren
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Karren »

Natyropes wrote: I'm sure I will crossdress again. I've been through this before. However, now the feeling is different. I'm still doing it but without any urgency. Something like "if I can't do it today, I'll try again next month" ;)
I understand.... have felt the same way recently. My problem is I have to obsess about something, if not crossdressing then it's about breast bondage... Obsession of the day! lol
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by JaniceNoyb »

Natyropes wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 18:52
That has also crossed my mind. Maybe I feel to old for this. That is a possibility. :?

How old is too old, Naty? I'm 67 and still enjoy dressing up. (I really should get a more age-appropriate wig, though....)

Like Ra
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Like Ra »

Fetishes never disappear. They might subside a bit. They might be hit by (yet another?) purge syndrome. And then they will re-emerge with a vengeance...

fetishdj
Chair Bound

Unread post by fetishdj »

COVID definitely stopped me from dressing as regularly as I used to. I simply did not have as many opportunities. However, even after things opened up and I had opportunities I didn't take them.

For example, I did a recent visit to Mistress. Usually I would turn up there and get changed into female clothing for the duration of the visit. But this time I didn't. I just attended naked and in chastity. Partly this was because some of my nicer clothing no longer fit but I think there is something more here. I need to analyse it.