Hidden compartments, hidden restraints

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
knottypine
Unfettered Newbie

Hidden compartments, hidden restraints

Unread post by knottypine »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but joined so I can ask for some help. There doesn't seem to be much information on equipping your bed for bondage - the kind you can have in plain sight when family or friends are over, and even worse, with children.

My wife and I have a small child - a year and a half at this point. They are EXTREMELY smart and can already run the washer and dryer.

I've redesigned the bed. It's emphatically on STURDY. And it's got room for hidden compartments to be built, and redesigning the restraints so they can be completely hidden. Simple magnetic locks are out - our child and the cousins could figure these out within 6 months from NOW. And forget simple flip mechanisms. I need something complex, but doable. Simply tucking ropes away will no longer suffice.

Googling for bondage bed plans that are child proof mostly ends in the sort of thing we do NOT want to see, if you catch my drift. Just look at what the search terms include - child or children. Not what I'm looking for.

I've read many threads here, and I like people's attitudes. I can fashion anything out of wood. The base of the bed is three thick sheets of plywood sitting on 4x4s. The headboard is 10 inches deep by 81 inches tall, and hollow to start. Also, Cal King. I've got room for the restraints and spots to anchor them to, but need to hide EVERYTHING along with put in hidden compartments for storage that CANNOT be figured out.

Any help on where to look?

Thanks!
KnottyPine

sleeptight
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Hidden compartments, hidden restraints

Unread post by sleeptight »

Would a piano-hinged, locking compartment be too obvious?

You said a magnetic catch was too simple, but what about some sort of hidden, magnetically-released lock, using a strong magnet , or two - to move a solenoid-like steel bolt?

If hiding 'everything' includes the anchor points, perhaps removable webbing loops or prussik knots could help. Or maybe some sort of miniaturized version of those over-the-door type restraint anchors?
Make me. Please.

roboman
Strict Strappado

Unread post by roboman »

not really what you ask for. Just a really strong 4 poster bed leaves you a ton of options and nothing will be found, because there is nothing to find. Well there might be the odd spots that the finish keeps getting worn off of.... Home Depot sells Velcro attachment points. Nice solid cloth belts that you can wrap around rafters, with metal hardware attached to them (to temporarily hang stuff) . Wrap one of those around each of the bead posts... Attache a couple to the top of a bed post... attach one to each of the lower posts on the foot board and one to the top of each... When they are removed, they are gone.

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by steellover »

To expand a bit on what roboman suggested,why not a stout four poster bed accompanied with a locking blanket chest that has a hidded bottom campartment for the bondage "goodies"?

Oblio
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Oblio »

http://youtu.be/1pYqquG27pg

Example of magnetic catch compartments as suggested earlier

knottypine
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by knottypine »

I don't want a 4-poster bed. Our needs are different. I don't want a blanket chest - that is where you would look for things, and I don't want kids wanting into a locked chest. The video with the hidden magnetic compartments is a little better, but I'll have to massively expand on that.

Basically I need a convoluted locking system that you HAVE to know is there. Being a woodworker, I can come up with elaborate molding, trim, etc. options. Like pull a molding, then slide a second molding, then a magnetic catch on top of that.

Oblio
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Oblio »

How about a solenoid catch that has 2 external contacts for 9v battery?

The contacts could be part of a metal applique or a nailhead design.

PsyMaster
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by PsyMaster »

You can with a remote system, like the one found on cars. You just need a concealed remote, like on your wallet. Then, you can have that kind of locking system.

twosidedcoin
Chair Bound

Unread post by twosidedcoin »

You can get and electrical box that clips in drywall (old work box) and cut the bottom out of it right over your bed. Get a smoke detector to attach to it since most of them mount with a twisting motion. You can attach a rope or hook inside the electrical box to the rafters that will support your weight. It'll only take an instant to cover up your attachment point with the smoke detector while standing on the mattress.

Also considr small cleats on the inside of wooden bed rails. About 3 down each side should do the trick.

Aside from that, show your kids your equipment and tell them you've set it up "just for them when they are bad". You'll kill two birds with one stone... Kids scared to death to be bad and they won't snoop. Snicker. My mom threatened to hang me by my toes and beat me (in jest of course ) as a kid. It's now one of my favorite things the wife and I do!

twosidedcoin
Chair Bound

Unread post by twosidedcoin »

Hey, is it just me, or does anyone else get a kick out of having to press a button labeled "submit" on a bdsm site??

Rubbertje_83
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Rubbertje_83 »

i would go for an electric lock for you hidden compartment (double floor or wall) in a closet. only accessible when connect a 9V battery on two hidden (bottom of your closet, ...) metal points. you can make a big closet so that you have 2x2 connection points 2m apart. Making it impossible to open it by 1 person. Ideal for some more interesting games when your kids are out of the house ;-)