Self-Bondage caused pain & fatigue

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
kbond
Unfettered Newbie

Self-Bondage caused pain & fatigue

Unread post by kbond »

I've never tried bondage before and I felt like trying it out on myself. So I fond this tutorial https://youtu.be/9-F3dr94o58

I tried it a few times and eventually I started feeling extremely fatigued. The next day I am in pain specifically on the left side of my upper chest. (Or possibly my heart is working harder?) I watched videos about bondage safety but none of them really said anything about problems with the chest or ribs. I took advil and have been hydrating but I am confused what I did wrong. I didn't tie the ropes very tight either.

I am not sure if the ropes caused problems or if the use of my arms behind my back did, or stretching in ways I don't normally move? I would like to keep trying bondage but due to the experience I don't know how I can learn to mitigate future negative problems.

Any comments or suggestions or information is appreciated.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Self-Bondage caused pain & fatigue

Unread post by Jimdini »

kbond wrote:I've never tried bondage before and I felt like trying it out on myself. So I fond this tutorial https://youtu.be/9-F3dr94o58

I tried it a few times and eventually I started feeling extremely fatigued. The next day I am in pain specifically on the left side of my upper chest. (Or possibly my heart is working harder?) I watched videos about bondage safety but none of them really said anything about problems with the chest or ribs. I took advil and have been hydrating but I am confused what I did wrong. I didn't tie the ropes very tight either.

I am not sure if the ropes caused problems or if the use of my arms behind my back did, or stretching in ways I don't normally move? I would like to keep trying bondage but due to the experience I don't know how I can learn to mitigate future negative problems.

Any comments or suggestions or information is appreciated.
Hi, You do not say how old you are or what sort of physical shape you are in, so it is difficult to be specific. It could be many things, if you are in poor physical condition or in your sixties or older (I am both) then it could be caused by too much exertion and stretching muscles you don't normally use. I have experienced pain on the upper side of my chest when I try bondage positions I am no longer fit enough to endure. Fatigue seems to come with age, I cannot last as long in bondage as I did in my youth (or even my 50s), no matter how much exercise you take the body still wears out, joints get stiffer and arthritic and muscles are not as strong. The pain could be arthritic (even younger people can suffer this) in which case you may need to consult a doctor. Hopefully it is just lack of physical condition and stretching and twisting exercises (like yoga) should help, remember we do not naturally hold our bodies in bondage positions and need to train our bodies. Most bondage enthusiasts started off with basic wrists then ankles tied and slowly progressed to more complex bondage.

Going straight for strict hogties is a sure way to cause serious injury. Take it slow , be careful and have fun.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

kbond wrote:(ouch)
I'd say you've probably just pulled a muscle reaching for some place you don't normally reach. Those sorts of injuries usually sort themselves out fairly quickly. I get those moderately often - sometimes just a twinge, sometimes lasting a longer, but as you say, more fatiguing than actually injurious.

The muscles around your upper chest and collar are going to be stretched if you're messing around with things behind your back. You can put a surprising amount of leverage on those muscles, especially if you do something like reach behind to pass a rope around. A small flick can carry momentum that moves a muscle quickly from fine to ouch.

It doesn't hurt to do some stretches before engaging in such activity, especially ones that pull the shoulders back and around - get those upper chest muscles limbered up before pulling them in unusual directions.

gaby0001
Chair Bound

Unread post by gaby0001 »

While it is a good idea to follow safety recommendations found in videos and blog about selfbondage, it is not a good idea to follow all what some videos or sites say about what to do to "enjoy" selfbondage. It is because everyone has their own tastes, so for some ones it is very enjoyable spend long times all tied up while for others a shorter time is enough. The suggestion is found what really make the selfbondage time really enjoyable...for you. :D