Unusual Handcuffs

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unusual Handcuffs

Unread post by Stahlketten »

What do you all do with handcuffs that are difficult to use by yourself or are impossible to put on or take off by yourself?

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Unusual Handcuffs

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

got pics?
ive never seen what you describe

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

I find 'snap shut' Irish 8 cuffs very difficult to lock on behind me ;) and impossible to get out of without human assistance 8-) . So I can only use them when I have a human backup available :( . Otherwise they 'live' in my toybox.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

There are many different kinds but I was thinking Italian Bagno Handcuffs or Hamburg 8 cuffs.
I suppose Irish 8s would also be difficult but not impossible andI have been able to use those without any serious issues.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Irish 8s are much more comfortable for longer sessions than ordinary handcuffs, but as they are rigid allow a lot less arm movement. This means you can get stiff shoulders and upper arms :roll: .
The older Hiatt rigid 'speedcuffs' are easier to lock on your wrists behind you, but get uncomfortable very quickly.
I would think Hamburg 8s would be difficult, but not totally impossible to escape from ;) .
I also have a set of rigid (6 inch bar) manacles with press button locks, which you can (with a little difficulty) lock on yourself, but, as your wrists are held so far apart, you need help to get out of :evil: .
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

With the Hamburg 8s, the first problem is getting the key in with the cuffs in the right angle relative to each other.
The "in" is harder to do than the angle because there needs to be a significant push after they are aligned with the key hole.
That push is against a pretty stiff spring from the latch and then on the set I have there also needs to be a slight sideways bend of the key to actually release the latch.
This is trivial with hands free. Not so trivial when wearing the cuffs because it is pretty hard to find a way to hold the key that will allow all these pressures in different directions. Putting the key in a bench vise might work but I haven't tried that.

One of the ways that I found to unlock hinged handcuffs from behind is to find a piece of rubber tubing like fuel line that is about a foot long and shove the key into it. At that point, the key can be aligned with the hole with some effort and turning it with the fuel line attached is pretty easy.
That should work for the Hiatt rigid cuffs as well. I am not about to try it because even when things go right, there tends to be a lot of marks and bruises.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I finally managed to get the Bagno handcuffs on properly with a padlock.
They are quite uncomfortable because they are so close together and there is no room for wrists to turn.
They really are about as tough as the Irish-8 cuffs with the original screw open and non-snap shut locks.
Nice collector item, but there are few occasions I want to be that uncomfortable.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Long time ago, I made some simple wrist stocks out of a 2x6, a hinge, and one of those hasp locks. I didnt have a partner at the time and liked to fantasize about being locked in them. Played with them for a few months and one time when closing it on myself, the hasp actually caught and latched. The latch was way to far for me to reach and ended up having to smash it against the garage floor until it broke. I did manage to have a touchless orgasm in the process though so it was very excitedly dangerous. Had bruises for a long time on my wrists and never again built another.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

If I had run into the same problem, I would have put the hinge side against a grinding wheel and burned through the hinge.
Replacing the hinge would not be expensive and it would save the work that was done on the wooden cuffs and hasp.
If you don't have a bench grinder in the garage, then a sanding drum or sanding disc on a power drill would work . So would a Dremel tool and one of their tiny grinding drums.
Without power tools, life becomes more difficult, but you probably had power tools of some kind to make the cuffs.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Stahlketten wrote:If I had run into the same problem, I would have put the hinge side against a grinding wheel and burned through the hinge.
Replacing the hinge would not be expensive and it would save the work that was done on the wooden cuffs and hasp.
If you don't have a bench grinder in the garage, then a sanding drum or sanding disc on a power drill would work . So would a Dremel tool and one of their tiny grinding drums.
Without power tools, life becomes more difficult, but you probably had power tools of some kind to make the cuffs.
I have lots of tools and would have loved to cut them off more delicately. Sadly my workshop was in a shed and not brave enough to wander across the lawn wearing only that and pants. :(

It was a cool little project at the time, but have since have done very little DIY restraints in wood.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Just treated myself to a pair of presslock cuffs, easy to lock on and very secure ;)
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/9564543 ... 4335&frs=1

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I have a set of those as well, but the chain on mine are a lot longer.
They are generally pretty well made, but the thing that bothers me is that the locks are not installed in a consistent direction and finding the notch for the key is sometimes difficult when lighting is bad. The matching leg irons are a bit on the small side.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I tried the presslock handcuffs on my wife today. As expected, she was able to slip out of them without much effort. They are the "male" size which is the larger but still not very big. People with larger wrists would have problems with these and there are no larger sizes.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Stahlketten wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 17:16 They are generally pretty well made, but the thing that bothers me is that the locks are not installed in a consistent direction and finding the notch for the key is sometimes difficult when lighting is bad.
In the set I have both of the locks have the 'slot at 90 degrees to the cuff, so I find it reasonably easy to get the keys in.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I also have a set where the key holes are almost in alignment, but not quite.
They are off by around 10-15 degrees.

How is your set for size? Is there just one link in between?
From what we could tell, the male size is too big to stay on my wife but the female size would be a very very tight fit on her wrists and probably quite uncomfortable.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

They are 'snug' but as usual with manacles more comfortable than standard handcuffs as there is more surface area. Yes they are a single link, the longest I have gone so far is an hour, the pressure on the shoulders with wrists behind is more noticeable than the tight wrist bands, no noticeable circulation problems.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

I use regular police handcuffs but I’ve put a small piece of black tape on the side with the keyhole. I once secured my wrists with the keyholes facing the wrong direction. Not a good move.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Cd Tammy wrote: 08 May 2021, 02:16 I use regular police handcuffs but I’ve put a small piece of black tape on the side with the keyhole. I once secured my wrists with the keyholes facing the wrong direction. Not a good move.
When you say 'regular police handcuffs' do you mean rigid style? Been there, done that, needed help to get free.
With these cuffs the lock is fairly accessible and I only have two directions for the key to engage. Have seen a rigid bar version, but suspect these would be escape proof without a jailer!

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

ASP handcuffs have keyholes on both sides of the cuffs whether they are chain link or hinged.

2kinky4most
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by 2kinky4most »

Maybe not really on topic.. but have any of you ever seen police quality handcuffs with a quick release?

All the cuffs i found with quick release is in really poor quality :|